Hi,

Before starting up on this email, please be aware that I'm a newbie in C
programming and especially in PHP extension coding. I tried researching
about my doubt (and even talked with Joey Smith) but couldn't really have
a definite answer.

My ultimate goal for my little PHP extension is to try to learn C
programming and also try to create a C extension to replace the use of the
PHPLIB template class. I want to be able to basically create my extension
and then 'plug-in' into my code and have it work as the PHPLIB template
class would work.

At first I tried creating an internal class like 'Directory' and have it
somehow be able to do :

$t = new JTemplate; // or something similar

After speaking with Joey, I learned that you cannot do that (is this
true?) because the 'new' operator doesn't look for built-in functions.

However, I remember PHP-GTK and how you could do something like this:

$win = &new GtkWindow();

Isn't this 'GtkWindow' an example of how to register a built-in class and
then have the code instantiate it normally as you would do it with a
normal PHP based class ? (again, be nice. I'm a newbie :)

Anyway, if someone could answer this simple question it would be very
appreciated.

Cheers,
Joao