Hey PHP developers!

I wrote function to disable STDOUT from the PHP binary. It just sets the
php_output_set_status() flag option to disable output. However, I don't know
if PHP continues to buffer the output somewhere. Does anyone know? BTW -
I've written this function because I want to write a daemon using PHP, but
initiating a fork'd process from a TTY still causes PHP to deliver output to
the STDOUT. It's true, I could be more "unix-y" about the situation and do:
"php script.php &>/dev/null", but I'd rather be lazy and just type "php
script.php" and let it daemonize properly. In addition, I know think this
disassociates the TTY from STDERR - so runtime errors may still be
generated.

PHP_FUNCTION(ob_disable_stdout)
{
   zval **zv_flag;
   int flag;

   switch(ZEND_NUM_ARGS()) {

       case 0:
            flag = 0;
            break;

       case 1:
            if (zend_get_parameters_ex(1, &zv_flag) == FAILURE) {
               RETURN_FALSE;
            }
            convert_to_long_ex(zv_flag);
            flag = Z_LVAL_PP(zv_flag);