Dejan Markic wrote:
> Hello!
>
> If output_buffering in PHP is set and you issue ob_implict_flush() it does
> not work. I guess it will still buffer those 4096 bytes. Is this a bug or a
> feature? I think it would be better if this ob_implict_flush() would work
> even if output_buffering is set since this is what you're explictly trying
> to set with this function. Just a tought maybe.

It's a feature that is not implemented yet.

When I fixed memory problem with ob_implicit_flush(), I didn't implement
the feature that does implicit flush/flush. (You can find my posts in
archive somewhere in php-dev or php-cvs)

Someone needs to wirte code to flush contents in nested output buffers.

PS: Don't ask "can we go back to old behavior?", since not only
it did not work with nested output buffer, but also it broke memory and
PHP misbehaves badly including executing scripts multiple times.

--
Yasuo Ohgaki