XPath is crippled without the ability to do relative xpath queries.
The interface is already provided by the libxml2 engine, it is just
a matter of adding the option to xpath_eval().  If you are working
recursively in an xml document (which you are always doing) and you
need to run an xpath query from the current node, the only way to do
it now is to write a function (which I did) to work back up the tree
from the current node to determine the location path and then append
that onto the beginning of the query and run it.  However, this is
very inefficient and shows incompleteness of the domxml xpath
implementation.  Any chance this could get attention?

Dan

Daniel Allen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.mojavelinux.com/