I've been investigating the source around this bug:

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=16037

...and can't quite wrap my head around how to fix it.

The implication of the bug is that for Apache 2.x platforms using
threading (or Apache 1.3.x on windows, which uses threading), you'll
probably get random parse errors if two threads compile the same script at
once.

The problem seems to be the non-thread-safe use of some variable that's
used when interpolating variables in strings, but I'm much better at Java
threading then the Zend TS...() macros so I can't figure out where it is.

By rooting around cvs.php.net, I was able to see that Zeev was in
zend_language_parser most recently putting in some thread-safety changes,
but there is definitely still a problem.

Does anyone have interest in working with me to fix this bug? I'm highly
motivated to fix it, but I need help.

I see a few options if someone has the time:

1) I could test a new build (I can reproduce the bug at will)
2) I could compile and test a new build (haven't built win32 before, but
   I have VC6, so I can give it a shot)
3) I can patch it if someone could help me with the control-flow and
   threading macros

Or, perhaps there is simply a better way?

Any and all help is appreciated -

-Mike