On Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:09:34 +0200, Bugs Php Net wrote:

> Please modify PHP to generate appropriate status codes.

I totally agree. PHP should generate a 500 error in case of a fatal error
which means that PHP can't parse or compile the page - i.e. at least in
cases where using your own error handling system is difficult.

I can't see how that would break anything. On the other hand, it would be
much easier to detect errors and fatal-error pages would normally not be
picked up by caches, spiders, etc.

--
Greetings from Troels Arvin, Copenhagen, Denmark