At 17:05 13.08.2002, Dan Kalowsky wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Marcus [iso-8859-1] Börger wrote:
>
> > >2) Can we please remove the "http://www.php.net/manual/en/blahblahblah";
> > >style of use for this?  It will tend to force users into one language or
> > >another, and not make PHP as friendly/usable to other languages.
> >
> > NO! First you can simply set docref_root in your ini to point to your local
> > copy of the manual in whatever language and Second it is a problem of
> > the php website. It should automatically redirect from
> > php.net/function.<functionname>
> > to php.net/manual/<yourlanguage>/<functionname>.php
>
>I'm not sure I see the point still.  What I'm proposing is not allowing:
>
>php_error_docref("http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.fopen"; TSRMLS_CC,
>E_WARNING, "Spongebob Square Pants rules");

The point is to be able to direct to external sites not on php.net! For
example
when a function is just a wrapper around a library then you can use the
absolute
form of the docref parameter ("http://<site>") to point to the library's
website.

>as a valid call from within an extension.  Because this limits anytime
>this error occurs to the English manual description only, or any language
>which is defined really.  There is no need for this, as you have provided
>another option which works much cleaner and better (through the ini
>options) in my opinion.  While the PHP website may have a bug (or two) in
>it, it's no reason to force end users to be reading languages that they
>don't know or prefer.
>
>I have nothing wrong with:
>
>php_error_docref("function.fopen" TSRMLS_CC, E_WARNING, "Spongebob Square
>Pants lives in a pineapple under the sea");
>
>To me that should be the recommended method, as it will allow the php.ini
>values for language to override everything nicely, and everyone can see
>the PHP manual in their desired language.  The error of course is still in
>English but thats another matter.

NULL or "#<target>" is best here since it allows the phpdoc group to change
their
mind for naming the pages.

regards
marcus