xdebug looks nice but this is something so basic that having it as a
base part of php would aid in development for everyone, including low
level/newbie programmers. Not to mention that the instructions provided
on there page are not possible for a very large portion of the php
programmers out there, Ones without there own machine who do not have
access to php.ini.

Granted the module can possibly be loaded within the script however this
level of troubleshooting should be a part of php.