I believe that I can reproduce a thread safety failure in init_executor
(as called from the ISAPI sapi).  I have a PHP script page that loads
the stylesheet as a PHP page - thus causing two almost simultaneous
page loads.  I assume that if in init_executor() directly after
"EG(function_table) = CG(function_table);" I dump out any non-internal
functions in the function_table I shouldn't find any (as no script page
has been loaded yet in that thread).  That's how it works when my main
page loads, but when the second page load happens the functions from
the first page show up in the function_table for the second!  Once one
of the threads releases it's local functions, the other still believes
they are valid and tries to release them also creating quite a mess.

Is there any legitimate way this could happen?  I'm pretty much at the
end of my ability to debug much deeper into the Zend Engine code and
still be able to understand what's going on, but this looks really odd
to me.

Michael Sisolak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]