On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 10:06:50PM +0800, Terrence Cox wrote :
> Knowing that I can't create actual structures in PHP, I recently realized I could do
>something like this.
>
> <?php
> function create_Struct($struct_array)
>    {
>    $struct_array=array(
>      conn => 0,
>      host => "",
>      u_name => "",
>      pass => "",
>      db => ""
>      );
>     return $struct_array;
>     }
>
> $db_struct = create_Struct($db_struct);
> $db_pointer = &$db_struct;
> print_r($db_pointer);
> ?>
>
> What I'm curious about is the possibility of making
> something like this "built in", for lack of a better term. I've heard a number of C
>guys asking about this on some message boards and came up with this as a result.
>
> Is there a better way? What do you guys think?

    Not really. Some also missuse objects for that purpose. heck,
    I remember asking this question first when I came to PHP
    years ago :) I got stuck to use arrays at first. Later and
    never needed this anymore (stopped coding PHP like C) and
    mainly used real objects etc.

--
GnuPG Key: http://guru.josefine.at/~mfischer/C2272BD0.asc
"Finally, if someone actually flying a plane is relying on