I've just discovered (the hard way, unfortunately) that the win32 build of PHP
does not support the "u" (UTF-8) modifier for pcre patterns.  This is an
inconsistency with our default build under Unix, which always has this
turned on when using our bundled library.

Adding this support to win32 is as simple as adding "SUPPORT_UTF8" to the
preprocessor definitions for "Function Modules | PCRE | Source Files No. 3"
in all configurations of the php4dllts workspace/project.

Now, my local copy of this stuff is a big mangled, so I can't produce a patch
for this little tweak, but a slightly more pressing matter is that we should
probably have this define added to the 4.2.3 RC so that this feature is
portable across platforms!

If you get a few moments to make this change Zeev, (or any other win32
developer with Karma and a handy checked-out branch), it would be greatly appreciated!

--Wez.

--
Wez Furlong
The Brain Room Ltd.