Dan Hardiker wrote:
>>hm, what's the use of having a table here?
>

> Because what if there is someone with a 10,000 line script? or just a 6
> line script? Then the indenting will look out of place or crooked.
>
> If we are outputing in HTML, why not *use* HTML ;) Tables allows the left
> hand column to be flexable.
>
> Is there a problem with the table directive being used?

- content size blown up
- rendering overhead
- some clients won't start to render tables until the
   outmost table is completely received by the client

just to name a few ...

indenting for four columns isn't that much visualy disturbing,
and whoever puts 10k+ LOC into a single file has a problem anyway,
so that little indentation glitch betw. line 9999 and 10000 shouldn't
hurt that much ;)

--
Six Offene Systeme GmbH     http://www.six.de/
i.A. Hartmut Holzgraefe