Hi Erica,

Personally, I would roll my own tarball/package based on the now fixed code
in the 4.2 branch of CVS.  However, as I mentioned in your original
PR, there is a bug that affects file_exists on some systems; AFAIK,
this has yet to be resolved which I why I suggested that you ask here,
and why I am mentioning it now for those on php-dev who are slightly
too busy to check the details in the PR :-)

--Wez.