Le Dimanche 22 Septembre 2002 14:25, vous avez écrit :

> Hi
>
> I have finished my first release of the audio extension, details at
> http://www.webwise-data.co.uk/php_audio/php_audio_extension.html

Hi,

Cool, I'll read it ASAP ;-)

> I am now planning to write some higher level functions, do you have any
> ideas in mind how a unified wrapper could work? I like the sound of it
> so we don't end up with a confusing mess of multimedia functions.

Well, we could think of something like Metabase from Manuel Lemos, which is a
really great database abstraction. Let's think for a while. Why not some
common methods like open, close, play, playlist... and wrap those to
peculiarities of say ecasound, xmms, xine, and whatever we can imagine.

This is not trivial and needs a very high level of abstraction, but should
work.

> I will take a look at your XMMS extension and see if I get any ideas.

For the moment, this is experimental and only a wrapping class around xmms. We
should start a reflexion about media abstraction and define a common layer
for this. Then write module classes.

DJ Anubis.