Hello,

I am having problems with an extension, I think with the config.m4
script.

If I build the extension into the php source tree it works fine and
links correctly. If I build it as a shared object either within the
source tree as --with-audio=shared or outside the source tree running
phpize the .so file builds but it doesn't link to the external lib.

If I run ldd on the .so it doesn't seem to be trying to link.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

thanks
Tony

contents of config.m4

PHP_ARG_WITH(audio, for audio support,
[  --with-audio             Include audio support])

if test "$PHP_AUDIO" != "no"; then

SEARCH_PATH="/usr/local /usr"
SEARCH_FOR="/include/ecasound/ecasoundc.h"
if test -r $PHP_AUDIO/; then # path given as parameter
  AUDIO_DIR=$PHP_AUDIO
else # search default path list
  AC_MSG_CHECKING([for ecasound files in default path])
  for i in $SEARCH_PATH ; do
    if test -r $i/$SEARCH_FOR; then
      AUDIO_DIR=$i
      AC_MSG_RESULT(found in $i)
    fi
  done
fi

if test -z "$AUDIO_DIR"; then
  AC_MSG_RESULT([Ecasound header files not found])
  AC_MSG_ERROR([Please reinstall the ecasound distribution])
fi

  PHP_ADD_LIBRARY_WITH_PATH(ecasoundc, $AUDIO_DIR/lib,
AUDIO_SHARED_LIBADD)

  PHP_EXTENSION(audio, $ext_shared)
fi