All:

I can't hardly wait for PHP 4.3 (Zend 2.0) to hit the streets.  I can't
express how anxiously I've been waiting for the class model to be reworked.
Great job!

I would, however, like to see a couple of simple additions to the planned
release (if these are already coming, then I just haven't seen is talked
about anywhere).  I would love to have "method" as an alias for "function"
and "member" as an alias for "var".  These could be just plain aliases, but
it would be nice if these aliases were only valid within a class definition.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this one.  Where I work, the kind of
software we write on PHP,  it only makes sense to use objects.  However, we
do mix in plain functions liberally when there is no need for the features of
an object.  I've worked this way with PHP ever since 4.0.0 was released.
--
Sincerely,
Lamont R. Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>