Hi,

it seems like we are moving quickly towards RC1 of 4.3.
This would make it seem like a 4.3 release this month would be doable.

But I think PEAR needs to get its community and development structure
setup correclty before 4.3 with an offical PEAR should hit the streets.

Mainly there are still too many questions marks regarding stuff like:
- How are packages maintained (especially when the leading developer is
gone ... PEAR DB currently seems to be an example of this with bugs
hanging in the air and nobody feeling responsible)
- How are packages proposed and when are they accepted
- And when they are accepted how makes sure that the person gets the
necessary access
- A Guide to lessen the endless naming debates.
- Should packages be pearified before getting into pear cvs or is
afterwards ok? Is there even a general rule? Or do we need a pear
staging area where these not yet pearified packages can be cooperatively
developed
- Where is a tutorial explaing all of the answers to above questions?

Finally how does PEAR plan to advertise itself?
Etc.

I think that the PHP Conference in Frankfurt would fit perfectly to
setup a round table (maybe with the option of people peeking in via MP3
Stream and participating via IRC).

The results of this would need to put into action. Therefore I think
that PEAR will not be ready until the end of december.

Regards,
Lukas Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 DybNet Internet Solutions GbR