Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zeev Suraski wrote:
>
>> Try reducing IMP to the smallest possible script that still
>> reproduces the problem (crashes).  That will give us something to go
>> on. Chances are it's not a crash in the engine.
>

> This one's really strange and I'm afraid not very helpful.
>
> PHP segfaults while returning from a function call. If I exit the
> script before that call all is well. After the call I get the segfault.
> If I exit the script inside the function call directly _before_ the
> function returns all is well again. This not a very complicated
> function (a static method to be exact) and just returns a not very
> long string by value.

In another script the segfaults occur in another place. It's hard to
trap it down cause it happens during inside a foreach loop. It doesn't
happen after the first loop but at any of the subsequent loops. Inside
this loop happens - beside a call to imap_utf7_decode() that wasn't
called in the the first script - only some assignments and string and
array functions.

So I guess this actually has something to do with the engine.