At 20:40 7-10-2002, Ilia A. wrote:

>On October 7, 2002 02:08 pm, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 07:50:00PM +0200, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> > > The config option just makes it easier to find, especially when you
> > > delete aspell from the tree.
> > >
> > > You would basically try to accomplish, that:
> > > ../configure --help | grep aspell
> >
> > we can easily add a note like:
> >   --with-pspell Include Gnu-aspell support (formerly known as pspell)
> >
> > everyone happy with that? :)
> >
> > Jan
>
>Yes, that would be better then having a configure alias option IMHO. If we
>have alias options that'll only lead to user confusion.

I can see your point, but I'd rather look forward in this case. Looking back,
does not make any sence here, as the past is disturbing enough as it is
(aspell,
pspell - new Aspell - GNU Aspell).

There are two possible scenarios at present:
1) Kevin will grow tired of this product and drop it, leaving latest source in
    the GNU source repository, without any maintainer.

2) Another maintainer will come forth and the GNU package lives on as GNU
aspell.

So - it's not such a bad idea, to already introduce this, since in 6 months
time,