HI

--On Monday, October 14, 2002 6:10 AM +0300 Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>     This patch:
>
>     http://www.kolumbus.fi/jani.taskinen/bugs/php_snmp.patch.gz
>
>     Fixes the configure/compile problems for me..but I'm a bit
>     unsure whether the functions also work as I don't use SNMP
>     stuff myself. So if someone who's really familiar with that
>     could try this..and maybe also add some tests for it..? :)

I have not tried this yet, but I taht you do for some include files
the directory prefix net-snmp where others
don't have it. The idea behind the include files in net-snmp
is that all go into a net-snmpdirectory and so can be distiguished
better from others.

I have also made some patch available a time ago in which
from the configure you could select either the old ucd-snmp
or the new net-snmp libraries.
This patch is available at
http://www.lisanza.net/php-snmp/php-snmp.patch.txt
As someone who has used SNMP I think that patch does a better job on some
items.
The only thing is I would like to know from this group whether
it would be OK to patch up the code to use only NET-SNMP now or still
both.

After that I will also provide a patch that adds SNMPv3 functions to PHP.

Harrie

Internet Management Consulting
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   http://www.lisanza.net/