Mike Robinson wrote:
>>On a side note: I think the file_get_contents() function should be
>>renamed to file_get() as it is useful enough to deserve a
>>shorter name.
>
> Conversely, your new function should be named file_put_contents()
> for consistency.  :)

That's what I called the function initially but was so annoyed by that
name that I decided to try if I could get away with the shorter name and
maybe even influence you to rename file_get_contents() on the way (-:C

As I didn't follow the developer mailing list this might be something
already discussed and decided in which case I'd apologize, Feel free to
rename the function to file_put_contents() if this helps adoption ;-)

- Chris