Figured it out, turns out I had actually bothered to copy the php.ini
from the recommended on the server it didn't work on, if I removed the
config file (forcing PHP to use the default options), it worked fine,
I narrowed the problem down to the output_buffering setting, changing
it from 4096 (probably designed for website hit performance) to 0 made
it work (with or without the call to flush()).

Now my only question is, shouldn't flush() force the buffer to be
sent out despite the config setting?

Adam Voigt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]