On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Hartmut Holzgraefe wrote:
> Philip Olson wrote:
> > When setting this on I assume it will always populate no matter
> > what enctype is used.  This isn't the case.  In the little tests
> > according to Brad, adding enctype="multipart/form-data" to a
> > post form will cause $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA to not exist.  This is
> > even with aways_populate_raw_post_data = on.
>
> unless i did something stupid while testing this is also the case
> at least for 4.2.x (due to the way multipart forms are handled now
> to preserve memory on file uploads) ...

I meant that in 4.2.3 it seems broke.  Regardless of
always_populate_raw_post_data setting, a POST form doesn't
always populate $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA like it should*.

Related changelog entries:

 4.2.0
 - Fixed $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA to be populated on a missing
   content-type when always_populate_raw_post_data is on.
   (Rasmus)

 4.1.0
 - Add config option (always_populate_raw_post_data) which
   when enabled will always populate $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA
   regardless of the post mime type
   (Rasmus)

So I'm not sure what to say.  In 4.2.3 it's very possible
to make $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA not exist with this directive
on (assuming POST data exists of course).  Please advise
if this behavior has or will change.  Or explain why this
is the case.

Regards,
Philip

* Whether it should or not is in question.