On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 15:09, Melvyn Sopacua wrote:
> At 14:58 11/5/2002 +0100, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
>
> > > As a note:
> > > Ginger Alliance is motivated to synchronise their next maintenance
> >release,
> > > with php 4.3, to avoid the unfortunate API incompatibilities, that
> >plagued
> > > previous releases and created noise, both on sablist as on the
> >php-bug
> > > db.
> > >
> > > Allthough we try to keep compatibility with 0.96, there are a
> >number of
> > > new features in 0.97(?) implemented for the php extension.
> > >
> > > Any chance that 4.3.0-release can be built with that version?
> >During
> > > RC* shouldn't matter - in fact it would show if BC is not broken
> >on win32.
> >
> >But 0.97 has not been released yet, has it? If it gets released
> >please drop me a note so I can upgrade the lib on our win32 build
> >machine.
>
> Yes, correct.
> The plan is they release 0.97RC at the same time, we release RC1,
> so feedback on the new combi can be addressed in 0.97 release.

one question about that:

will sablotron replaced the name of their Arena() class to SabArena in
0.97, so it won't crash PHP when compiled with ext/xslt and ext/java?
That would be great. The Sablotron developers said, they will do it, but
unfortunately not when :)

see http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=13344 for details

chregu