On Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:56:45 -0800 (PST), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Pollita) wrote:

>What I unfortunately don't know how to do is update the ./configure
>process to check for existance of: res_nmkquery, res_nsend, and dn_expand.
> At the moment all I can do is rely on the fact that libresolv *is* being
>tested for, and that it should contain these functions.

$ uname -rs && ld -lresolv
BSD/OS 4.3
ld: cannot find -lresolv

DNS is very tricky. Before screwing around it withit, please have replacement
functions ready or use the portable functions. Additionally, some systems have
these in libc, AND have a libresolv. Concentrating on libresolv adds a fair
ammount to the php binary and is slower than using the core function.

Sascha and Jani, created the PHP_CHECK_FUNC macro for this. See acinclude.m4 and
usage in configure.in:1319

Melvyn Sopacua

<?php include_once("not_reflecting_employers_views.txt"; ?>