Thanks, Derick,

Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote... :

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Maxim Maletsky wrote:
>
> > I've added an OCI8 function in CVS the other week. I've avoided its
> > release in RC1 so I can test it well, but it seems to be pretty stable
> > and can be released with RC2.
>
> We dont put new functions in a release after we branched to make sure we
> don't introduce new bugs with functions.

Wasn't aware of this at all. Good I asked.

> > Since I never had to do this yet, I wanted to know a few things before I
> > mess up something:
> >
> > 1. How do I get it onto ChangeLog? Normally, I would commit it with
> > "@ my Message" to have it in NEWS, but I heard it is broken. What should
> > I do?
>
> It went to ChangeLog automatically, and you should indeed just use @-
> before your commit message.

OK. If I commit oci.c with "@-" as HEAD now, ChangeLog will copy it into
HEAD branch for NEWS without affecting PHP_4_3, correct? Or is it better
if I wait?

> > 3. How would I go about adding the docs for the function?
>
> checkout the phpdoc module and just put a new .xml file in the
> en/reference/oci8 directory.

Can I already start preparing it now, or better leave it for later as
well?

> > I've been also considering disallowing this function in safe mode for
> > security reasons. Opinions?
>
> I think it should be disabled in safe_mode indeed.

Will do now.

--
Maxim Maletsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]