On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 02:15, Maxim Maletsky wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 00:30:55 +0200 (EET) Jani Taskinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >     Just forget this. I'm not native english speaker, but I REALLY
> >     don't want to see any errors in any other language but english.
> >     (does Perl/Python/etc have multi-lingual errors btw?)
> >
> >     --Jani
>
> The world's most powerful database server does - Oracle. And, just type
> something out of the place and you will get them dozens :)

So what, PHP and Oracle are different worlds:

PHP humbly relies on volunteers spending their precious spare time.

Oracle hire and fire people.

I'm not saying that localized error messages are bad, I just don't think
it's right for PHP to have them, at least not now, and at least not with
the maintenance/support overhead it gives us.

 - Stig