J Smith wrote:

That's what I was thinking. The new patch updates skeleton.c a bit and fixes ext_skel to either add extern "C" stuff to skeleton.c or get rid of it. I think it would be simpler for extension first-timers to not worry about what __cplusplus means, or why extern "C" is there in the first place, etc.
It could always be (horror of horrors) comemented in the code.

/* if we're using c++, we need some 'glue' */

#ifdef __cplusplus

Sterling Hughes wrote:

Is there any reason the ifdef __cplusplus doesn't work?  There shouldn't
be any need for extra processing or config options.

well, i think c++ code might confuse people just starting out writing a C
extension...

-Sterling