Hi all,

I need someone's help. I am trying desperately to find a segfault bug in
PHP's output compression. I can not make it happen on a test server as
it is just me hitting the site and what I do doesn't cause a segfault.
So running it in gdb doesn't work. And using the httpd -X option to
create a core file does not work for the same reason.

I can, however, for the purpose of finding this bug, run a debug version
of PHP on a production site for 3 minutes to get dozens of segfaults
(I'll consider it downtime as the server load will pass over 350). But
apache only creates a core file with the -X option.

So I am stuck with either having lots of people hit it and cause the
bug, but not be able to debug, or I can debug but not ever come across
the bug I'm looking for.

So is there any way to force Apache to dump core files?

TIA

-steve-