Hi,

Derick Rethans schrieb:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Michael Bretterklieber wrote:

My idea is to move the responsibility for stable PECL's to the maintainers of the PECL's. The maintainers should provide stable versions of PECL for the different php-versions, therefore I would like to make a bin directory in each PECL-dir.
pecl/radius/bin
and then
pecl/radius/bin/php4.2.3/win32/php_radius.dll
or
pecl/radius/bin/php4.2.3/freebsd4/radius.so
pecl/radius/bin/php4.2.3/linux-glibc21/radius.so
and so on.
Or maybe its better to make a cvs tag instead of different subdirs for different php versions?

I'm very against generated binaries in CVS; CVS is not meant for that. We don't put tarballs of PECL classes in CVS either.

Of course having binaries in CVS is not a good solution (we (my company) also don't make this in our projects)

But are there any other ideas how to provide binaries of PECL's outside the php distributions?

Can I add the binaries to the .tgz, by adding it to the package.xml file, before I'm going to upload the package into the pear web?

bye,
--
Michael Bretterklieber - [EMAIL PROTECTED]