Hi,

It was decided to move php_printer.dll, as well as other extensions
(iisfunc and ixsfunc) from the php repository to PECL. This was not caused
by instability. These extensions all work fine (AFAIK).

They were moved from php to PECL to reduce the size of PHP and tehreby
reduce the time needed to perform QA with each release.

The reference to these files in php.ini will be removed and the
documentation should move as well. I'll create PECL packages for these
extensions so they can be obtained from the pear.net web site as other
PECL extensions.

- Frank

> Please have a look at bug #21116 as it mentions
> php_printer.dll which is in php.ini but not in the
> distro.  It does appear buildable as this dll can
> be found here: http://kromann.info/php4.php I'm
> not suggesting it be included as most likely it will
> be removed from php.ini like the others.  This
> is in PECL now but that fact was never mentioned in
> NEWS.
>
> Also, what is the official way windows users are
> suppose to get PECL dlls?  Build them themselves?
>
> Regards,
> Philip Olson
>

> On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
>
> > I have changed bundled php.ini-dist and php.ini-recommended to reflect
these
> > changes. Thanks for compilinng the list.
> >
> > Edin

I am