Hello all,

Currently, both Mandrake and RedHat use the following trick:
perl -pi -e "s|^;extension=mysql.so|extension=mysql.so|" /etc/php.ini

This sucks, because you then need perl to install a PHP extension.
We sure could use sed, but this requires a temporary file, and this
creates some security risks.

Is there a quick and easy way to do this kind of thing in PHP? Or would
this be something that we could integrate?

And I know there's a new solution with the new config-file-scan-dir, but
my question is a general search-and-replace solution.

Any thoughts?

Jean-Michel