Hi,

I am not trying to spam you guys, I just don't know where else to turn to to
get help. Maybe you know somebody to help me on the following Win2K/PHP
problem.

Task: I am trying to implement the CGI interface on a PHP based webserver I
have built using the new CLI, that comes with PHP 4.3.0. So far I have no
problems with the server sending and recieving data as well as static
document. However I am experiencing difficulties, trying to implement the
CGI interface.

In order stabalize the server I have the server process PHP files via the
php.exe (the CGI not the CLI one that comes with the 4.3.0). I use

shell_exec("php\php-cgi.exe -c php\php.ini PathToPhpScript.php");

to call the binary and have a custom script processed. Before this I set
environmental variables using putenv(). All this works fine. I get my html
output, the headers and stuff and send it back to the browser.

I am however experiencing problems, when trying to get the php-cgi.exe to
read POST data, that supposedly has to be submitted via the "standard input"
if no other mechanism is available. Now unlike GET, which basically comes
from the QUERY_STRING env-var, I appearently cannot "abuse" another env-var
such as HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA for POST payload. Trying to pipe information
either directly or via a file like

shell_exec("type fileWithPostData | php\php-cgi.exe -c php\php.ini
PathToPhpScript.php");

or

shell_exec("echo postData | php\php-cgi.exe -c php\php.ini
PathToPhpScript.php");

doesn't work. How do I get the php-cgi.exe to understand and process my POST
data? There has to be a way, as other webserver have to use the same
interface. I just cannot figure out how. As this is the last step to
complete the implementation of the CGI on my server, I desperately need
help!

I am currently using a bugfix that populates the HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA var and
append a PHP script before each script to be processed, that analyses the
variables from it and fills it into $_POST... which still does not help me
with uploaded files :-( ... I know, this workaround sucks pretty bad too!

If you are interested in the source:
http://developaz.no-ip.com/index.php?action=download(9)

Thanks very much in advance!
Dominik Wittenbeck