At 12:51 PM 1/10/2003 -0800, Leon Atkinson wrote:
Thanks for sticking with the issue, Greg.
Wow. I needed that.
I have been programming with PHP since the PHP/FI days but felt like ditching it all and switching to Python for a moment there.

I guess it is a mark of PHP's success that so many people spam the bug database and mailing lists.

After using PHP for many years, I would really like to contribute as a developer or SQA person if I feel that sanity rules at the top. [EMAIL PROTECTED] made me feel otherwise.

It seems like there is a bit of a problem in the SQA area when people are rushing to dismiss things as 'bogus'. I had to reopen this bug 3 times, all the while knowing that I'm a nobody and have no authority to do so!

I think the problem lies in the database web interface perhaps. 'Open', 'Closed', and 'Bogus' is not sufficient. Apparently 'priveleged' people like Ilia A. can set bug status to things like 'Analyzed' but mere mortals like me cannot. I do not know why chregu decided it was a 'Bogus' bug when he recognized it was a fault in domxml logic - do developers have the authority to set bug status to 'Analyzed'?

Anyway, if somebody could point me to a reference to how PHP development politics works I will read it with interest and move on to more productive pursuits. Thanks

- Greg Keraunen