At 11:38 16.01.2003, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
I have a script that allocates a lot of memory (huge associative arrays).
The problem is that this scripts bails out with fatal error (emalloc
unable to allocate 44 bytes) when I hit the limit of physical ram in the
machine. Swap never gets used. The machine has 1 GB of ram and 2 GB of
swap space.

I suppose you use some windows machine. I remember that all application have
only 1GB of RAM for their own until you have a windows server version and that
has an appropriate HAL and is configured to have more than 1gig.

marcus