At 10:34 30.01.2003, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
MB>> If you want real life examples (and surely it seems you will never
MB>> trust me) get yourself a book from scott meyers (going to my

I would certainly trust you if you gave me an example. Marcus, I'm not
here to personally attack you. I just do not see the value of this
feature. If you do - why not enlighten me?
<sidenote>I was giving up because i was out of time....and i did not felt
personally attacked. I felt it makes no sense to argue anymore.</sidenote>

Hm.. in my last example the containers i tried to present an idea on which
unluckily you had another point of view.

For another try i guess one (if not the most important one) of the reasons
why i would like to have final is to hinder users to missuse classes defined
in extensions (adt,domxml,...) in userland. The other important reason is
the thing with the invariant functions.

For the invariant functions consider a mutex: It has enter() and leave()
methods. And there is really no need to override or redeclare them. So
i would like to declare them final since we do not have another possibility
to express invariants.

Besides that most other oo features do not make sense for php since we
do not have a typed language. In that we are on the same way.

marcus