This is really a support question and is being asked on the wrong list.

But in light of that... PHP's odbc_prepare function should work with the '?' option. It really isn't the one deciding this though, as it's more your ODBC Driver. As far as PEAR is concerned, I have little insight into that aspect of PHP. Your best bet is to ask PEAR developers or read the source.