Hi Eric,

It really just sounds like you have some bug in your code where your
pointers are misbehaving.

All I can suggest is that you look very carefully at each pointer in the
relevant code to make sure it is ok.  Also, try stripping it down a
couple of lines at a time (by commenting them out) to see which ones are
making the difference.

There is not much that anyone on the list can do to help you here; it's
your code, only you have this problem and everyone elses code works just
fine.

Sorry that we can't help,

--Wez.

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Eric Lambart wrote:

> At this point, can anyone give me any reason to doubt that the problem
> lies within the Zend engine?  Please refer to my earlier posts on this
> thread for more (though less-informed and -investigated) details.

I doubt it is in the ZE, since it happens to be working very well for a
large number of users worldwide... :)

> This is all very strange to me, ESPECIALLY the 11th-character thing.

Most likely a coincidence of pointers and their position on stack.
Eg: adding another int variable to the locals in one of your functions
might change it from the 11th to the 11 + sizeof(int) character.