Contributing two modules which I hope to become part of PEAR (or maybe even core). One
is a module (timezone) to parse tzfile(5) timezone files to find offsets from UTC for
a given timezone at an arbitrary time in the past or future (Unix epoch). The other
(securesocket) is a module that exposes (at present) approximately 80 functions from
the OpenSSL library (including functions for buffered I/O). It is intended for SSL
developers that wish to code at a lower level than is offered by the PHP streams
mechanism, particularly for rapid porting from C/C++ implementations.