Will new versions of php include a function to automatically dump a MySQL database into a file? It would be very useful to make regular and automatic backups of your dbs. I know you could just use "exec()" with the traditional mysqldump program. But this is useful just if you have the right permissions on the server... and not everybody owns the workstation where your site is stored.
If an appropriate function already exist, please tell me! Elsehow... what about a "mysql_db_dump(database)" function? ;)
Thank you very much,
Matteo