Hi:

This is kind of a user-space question, but I'm hoping that it concerns
enough of the PHP infrastructure (conceptually) that this is the right
place to post it.

I've got an application that processes both textual and binary data. The
domain of the application isn't really relevant, but it makes liberal
use of string and pcre function.

Ignoring the fact (?) that php_pcre doesn't seem to be mb-aware...
Say I were to turn on the mb_string overload support, effectively
replacing strlen, etc. with equivalent multibyte functions. Is there any
way then to still get the exact size, in bytes, of a 'string' of binary
data?

In general, I guess the question is 'Is there a preferred way of
handling binary data in memory, while remaining multibyte-safe?'

Apologies if this is way O/T or has already been beaten to death...

- Dave
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]