At 12:48 PM 2/26/2003 -0800, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
I think we can add "%option never-interactive" to the ini-scanner lexer to
speed it up a tiny little bit.  Speeding up the ini scanner might be
important for the folks running the cgi version.  More importantly, to me
anyway, when we know we are not interactive, should we not
programmatically set is_interactive to false for the language scanner as
well?  I did this here and the ioctl syscalls that come from the isatty()
calls in the lexer dropped away speeding things up nicely.

Do you have any figures? (req/s wise)
I think we can set it to false when we know we're not interactive. It shouldn't be a problem.

Andi