> > So I think the fix of adding OnUpdateLong() is the correct fix.
>
>     I was under the impression that OnUpdateInt was actually
>     expecting a long.  I remember changing some int's to long's
>     to address 64 bit issues.  Do I remember this incorrectly?
>
>     - Sascha

Most, but not all of the calls to OnUpdateInt were long, and at least one of
the mismatches was in main (three longs in a row followed by an int.... look
at output_buffering in main.c). I personally don't care which way the team
wants to fix this. My thought was the making the name say "long" was the
best way to avoid silly errors in the future. If you want some consistency,
then you could always retire OnUpdateInt and force them all to be long :-)
It is not as if an extra few bytes would be noticed.

Part of the problem is that many people still think an int and a long are
interchangeable - and they actually are when the compiler knows what it is
dealing with. The problem is when you start passing pointers around and
casting things, and the compiler can't fix things up for you. This is of
course compounded by the fact that on quite a few platforms they are the
same size....

Dave Hill