On Wednesday, March 05, 2003 5:46 PM, Sterling Hughes wrote:

>> Essentially, I want to be able to produce a sort of serialized
>> representation of the opcodes, but as they are executed, not all in
>> one big chunk after they are compiled.
>>
>> This isn't for any actually useful production code, just some
>> debugging/messing around/exploring engine internals.
>>
> I would suggest you take a look at Ze2's execution architecture, it
> should allow you to do this.

Such as overriding the opcode handlers for each opcode? I suppose I could
change what the handlers are initialized to in zend_init_opcodes_handler()
so that my new handler does the serialization and then calls the regular
handler. Does that make sense?

On Wednesday, March 05, 2003 6:10 PM, George Schlossnagle wrote:

> There's no good way to do this as a zend_extension in ZE1 (that I know
> of).  You need to patch the engine (which is trivial).

Yeah, so far I'm just using a different zend_execute.c with my added code, I
was just wondering if there's a better/more formal/etc way to do it...

Thanks,
David