At 15:54 13/03/2003, Andrei Zmievski wrote:
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> Not really, we can't.  You can have functions inside a namespace, that
> don't have a class entry attached to them.
> I guess we could create some hybrid of the namespace and ce, but it would
> end up being ugly, with many more extra checks.

Suppose we left only one field, scope. For those functions not attached
to a class, we'd have scope->type = ZEND_NAMESPACE, and for methods we'd
have scope->type = ZEND_USER_CLASS or something. Unless, you mean that
you want to keep track of both theh namespace and the class for methods.

Yes, you need both. The namespace effects which methods you call, the scope affects your access level (and sometimes also which methods you call)...

Zeev