On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:27 PM, Paul Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Aug 15, 2016, at 12:22, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
>> <mweierophin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please take some time to review the proposed standard.
>
> Are any member projects currently doing anything that resembles the proposal?
>  If so, is there some copy of the research on those implementations?

Yes.

The original idea came from several of us who have worked on API
payloads, which often require or suggest relational links (think
HATEOAS), as well as utilities like DAV clients and servers (which are
essentially REST services). sabredav, from Evert Pot, was one of
these, as is zf-hal from the Apigility project; I suspect that Larry
was proposing it due to a need in Drupal, but I'll deer to him to
answer.

For the part of zf-hal, we already define Link and LinkCollection
instances that are not dissimilar to what is proposed here. With
shared interfaces, users could provide alternate implementations
within the entities they wish to expose via the API; Apigility would
simply need to introspect those to generate the payload.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
mweierophin...@gmail.com