Hi all,

**TL;DR: This vote has been cancelled. It will restart on the 10th
September.**

I spoke with Larry last night and he agreed with canceling the vote.

Ultimately, if FIG 3.0 is to go through, it's going to be a huge change for
the operation of the FIG and the proposal should be just right before
putting it to a vote, with no open issues on the proposal itself.
Especially now with an alternative option (a new organisation) being
prominently discussed (suggested by Joe and Paul), members deserve a fair
vote on the future of the FIG with a vote untainted by votes on process
issues or resolvable unresolved content issues and with a proposal that is
solid with any issues and feedback addressed. The vote will then
essentially become a case of do you want the FIG group to transition to the
new structure (dubbed FIG 3.0), or should other options be followed (e.g.
Shutting down FIG in favor of a new organization following FIG 3, changing
nothing etc.).

As previously stated, we started the discussion on this months ago and in
my TL;DR mailing list post I stated a specific date to open the vote. We
also then left it an extra couple of days (after the stated date) because
of ongoing discussion and Paul had additional comments on the matter to
add. By the time we opened the vote discussion appeared to have quietened
with no new points made so it was felt it was appropriate to start the
vote. This assumption appears to have been incorrect.

Larry will re-start the vote again on the 10th September to allow for any
final review and comments before that point (I'd stress that feedback is
really important to the proposal and it's still of course open for changes
based on feedback such as when referenda was added to the proposal).

Many thanks,
Michael Cullum

--
Michael C