As mentioned at the ZendCon 2015 FIG meeting, the consensus of the group
was that PSRs can't really be withdrawn, as there are no rules for what
happens to the number, or what that status even really is. That was what
prompted the need for the additional bylaw, as it was an oversight on the
part of FIG to not consider a PSR being fully retracted once it had a
number.

With the current bylaws[1], we _can't_ withdraw a PSR, that's not a valid
status. You just stop working on it, and it exists in whatever state it was
in last.

With the additional bylaw regarding the new statuses that handle neglected
and abandoned statuses, it would be easy to abandon the PSR. I think we
need that first (with or without FIG 3.0) before we can properly withdraw a
PSR.

[1] http://www.php-fig.org/bylaws/psr-workflow/

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Paul Jones <pmjone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Measure: "Withdraw PSR-8 from consideration as a PSR."
>
> I presume that the editor is willing, based on other conversations.
>
> And since Micheal Cullum (as secretarial assistant) seems to be in the
> habit now of reminding us when the two-week period of discussion is up, I
> look forward to his reminder when *this* two week period is up.
>

> --
>
> Paul M. Jones
> http://paul-m-jones.com
>

> --