Michael,

Thanks for bringing this up. For historical context, I have always thought
of "client middleware" as middleware that does not require the additional
methods defined in ServerRequestInterface. The consideration of async vs
sync requests was never something that entered my mind.

Reviewing the Guzzle docs again (as the most mature PSR-7 client-focused
package I know of) it certainly appears that the current PSR-15 signatures
would not work there. That is obviously a serious flaw.

However, since there is not currently a ratified PSR for async, perhaps the
best thing to do would be to repurpose PSR-15 to be entirely server-focused
middleware? I would rather defer the creation of a spec for client
middleware until the async PSR is complete.

Would that be an acceptable situation for you? I don't want to create
something that async clients will never be able to use.

Regards,

--
Woody Gilk
http://about.me/shadowhand