On 28/11/2016 09:51, Rasmus Schultz wrote:
What about garbage collection?

I know that some cache-servers may take care of this automatically, but
for something like a file-based cache, it needs to get triggered.

Is it just left up to each implementation to take care of this in
whatever way they need to?

Yes :) This is an application concern IMO, much like the management of multiple cache pools, etc.

If you read again my post from 4 years ago [1], PSRs I find are largely beneficial for libraries and not for frameworks/applications. Applications are in control, but libraries have no control and are dropped in random contexts. It kinda bums me out that many still don't seem to understand that (or just don't see it that way?).

It's unfortunate that FIG has framework in its name because it is highly misleading, but down the line Framework-level Interoperability means having interoperable libraries more than frameworks being able to interact with each other.

[1] https://seld.be/notes/one-logger-to-rule-them-all

Cheers

--
Jordi Boggiano